Our design approach for this project is inspired by the five elements from nature.
- Water: Water is the essence of this project. We use the reflective and refractive properties of the water.
- Sky: The sky, the moon and its many variations through the course of the year provide different levels and quality of light though the year. Our lighting solution provides variable light that changes with the Lunar cycle.
- Fire: Several of the light fixtures provide light by using fire- reminiscent of the past.
- Earth: The Mountains, the dam, the future promenade all provide a frame of reference.
- Wind: The wind ripples the water, and fans the fire for the torchieres.